Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jesus in the Holy Book

"But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is (yet) a child in the cradle?"

He (Jesus miraculously) said: "I am indeed a servant of God. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live; (He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is."

Chapter 19, Mary (verses 29-35) Holy Qur'an

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free counter and web stats